Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just spent the past several hours with Danchuk Part #217 dash trim set. I would not advise anyone to purchase these. The center piece is fine but the corner curved pieces certainly don't fit as advertised. I also ordered a new clock and it looked as if it had been returned to stock without being checked. The lens was scratched worse the the old blemished one I have on my original clock, and the stem was bent. These normally wouldn't be a big problem but living in Canada makes it very hard to do returns. My advice.......
use Danchuk for drivers ONLY, fit and finish are not for serious business.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
I've got a competitor's product that I'm having the same problem with. I hate to have to modify a product to get it to fit.
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
mmmmmmm

I just installed today the very same items you are talking about. My trim fit perfectand the clock looks great and is keeping accurate time --at least it has for the last 3 hours. I would suggest you contact Danchuck, mabe take pics of the problems.so that they can see what your talking about. It has been my experience that Danchuck products are what they advertise and the one time I did have a problem they replaced it promptly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've uploaded a couple of pics of the trim. Don't know how to get them into this reply so they are in my profile I guess. Any way I'll send them to Danchuk and see what happens.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,288 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
My drivers side piece is the same except i tryed to make it work and kinked it then since i did that i got mad and smashed it on the floor:rolleyes: the ends where the screws go in are at 90 degrees to the trim instead of rolled flat so when you put the screw in its going to bend it, this is Gene Smith 57 trim, the only one i no who makes it, must be blems or seconds he sends out to dealers, anyone no where to get the ones that fit?? Guess i'll call him Monday :anim_25: Now i'll have 260.00 into dash trim:happy0030:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Strange because the trim set I got from Danchuk fit just fine on the '55...I assume that the dash trim you're using is for a '57 by the looks of the pictures...maybe Danchuk have an issue with the '57 trim or there is like a "trick" they use to install it???

·
Administrator
49,364 Posts
Looks like the new piece is sitting too far to the right in the pics. The edge of the new piece is sticking out farther than the old piece. Is the screw hole lined up in the pic of the new one?
Terry

·
Registered
609 Posts
Looks like the new piece is sitting too far to the right in the pics. The edge of the new piece is sticking out farther than the old piece. Is the screw hole lined up in the pic of the new one?
Terry
Chevyman I agree with you,he has it over to the right,compared to the old.Maybe if he checks the right edge,needs to be bent,not sure just a thought.sometimes in shipping the metal,alumium will get bent,I think this should fit. JMO I have been wrong HA HA GOOD LUCK RICH:bowtieb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts