Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to Danchuks website and found out since I still use IE 8 I can't get on their site to shop. I guess my computer is just too old for them. Still running xp and need Vista or newer to use their site. So how do the other guys keep their sites working with all the different browers?

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 Support Ends April 8th, 2014

I found that I need more that one browser these days . I have a work lap with explorer, foxfire and Chrome.

Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 Support Ends April 8th, 2014

Lot business are shifting all their computers to newer operating system.
They put me on Windows 7 at work ,so far I hate.

:anim_25:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just went to Danchuks website and found out since I still use IE 8 I can't get on their site to shop. I guess my computer is just too old for them. Still running xp and need Vista or newer to use their site. So how do the other guys keep their sites working with all the different browers?
We launched a new site last week which is built to make it mobile friendly....meaning that if you are using a mobile device to access our site it will be the best experience we can provide. Due to this we found that older versions of some browsers just do not support the new technology. We apologize for the inconvenience but there is nothing we can do. I have done some extensive testing and have found that Firefox provides the best experience on the site on both Windows and Mac machines. The other browsers listed on our compatibility page work well too.

http://www.danchuk.com/Categories.aspx?Id=901d89fd-184f-4580-aaa5-8598dfc4bc66#Browser-Compatibility

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Well this explains why I was having trouble looking for parts the other day. Still can't search well, but this is an old issue on the Danchuk site. You guys using one of the owners brother in laws to design the site?:sign0020:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well this explains why I was having trouble looking for parts the other day. Still can't search well, but this is an old issue on the Danchuk site. You guys using one of the owners brother in laws to design the site?:sign0020:
Actually the search works pretty good. At least for me. We use a company called Bird Dog as it integrates with our other software.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
XP is fine. Seems a lot of the west coast sites are painfully slow. Try Classic Industries, you'll see the real meaning of slow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts