Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out and worked on the 57 for a few hours today. I have the body looking really good and am planning on spraying the slick sand on it Saturday. Today, I started removing all the switched from the dash so I can spray a coat of primer on it while I am spraying the body. I got the wiper, and the ignition switch off, but am having a hard time removing the cigarette lighter, and the headlight switch off. I did just find a thread on the removal of these two parts and will be trying again tomorrow. I also took down the headliner, (along with all the mouse poop). Will keep you posted on the progress on the switch removal.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spent about a half an hour trying to figure out how that darn thing came off. Finally had to quit and go to the in laws for a BBQ.

·
Registered
138 Posts
pulled my 55 headliner today, must have been a large city worth of mice living up there at one time judging from all the petrified mouse turds. worst job so far.

·
Administrator
49,483 Posts
pulled my 55 headliner today, must have been a large city worth of mice living up there at one time judging from all the petrified mouse turds. worst job so far.
I have pulled several like that. Definitely no fun at all.
Terry

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think replacing the floor was more fun than playing with all the mouse turds. I did get all the switches out too. Thanks for all the help from you guys again. I had them out in about 2 minuets, then started sanding the dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts