Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which, if any, of the brackets being sold will clear my Gen IV Vintage Air cable converters? I see there are lots of DBW mounting brackets available but none state whether they'll clear those A/C controls. I know I need to relocate the throttle pedal assembly which is mounted on a bracket I made up years ago. My pedal is a Gen III Truck style and the car is a '56. Murphy's Law strikes again. Thanks

·
Registered
36,978 Posts
Interesting question. I'm installing a DBW throttle and hadn't considered whether that was a problem with the a/c. I doubt it is but would like to know for sure now that you asked. I'm using a gen4 pedal that comes with the LS3 crate engine controller, with a home made bracket.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting question. I'm installing a DBW throttle and hadn't considered whether that was a problem with the a/c. I doubt it is but would like to know for sure now that you asked. I'm using a gen4 pedal that comes with the LS3 crate engine controller, with a home made bracket.
Chances are that you'll be okay. It might be prudent, however, to eyeball the eventual positions of the two lower cable converters by scoping through the hvac control opening in the dash. The problem I created for myself was that my pedal mounting is too far to the left due to the way I fabricated my bracket. In other words if the pedal assembly position looks like it is directly behind the controls it's likely going to be a problem when time comes to install them. Meanwhile, I think I'm going to be making a new mounting bracket.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had my controls out recently, and it is tight, but doable.
Have made a new bracket and now it clears. My original post should have been more focused on "if you're planning on making your own bracket" instead of asking if there's a ready-made one that works with Vintage Air (I wouldn't have been able to use it anyway). My car was in the body-in-white stage when I made the bracket and welded mounting studs to the cowl that wouldn't now adapt to an aftermarket bracket. Probably not many folks making their own brackets nowadays but back then there weren't many, if any, available to buy. But it's all fixed now and I'm happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts