Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently obtained a rare dealer book for the 56. I noticed there is no paint over lay for the Nomad. Did Gm do that on purpose?

The other thing I noticed is it has Laurel Green as a Factory color, and as I understand it, Laurel green was a over seas color?

Was there a American version and a over seas version of this Dealer book?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im still exploring this album its interesting Laurel Green was not avilable on the 150 among other colors.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a US dealer album, no paint paint overlay for Nomad either.
There would not have been a similar album for Aussie cars as we had far fewer options and body styles. Basically you had to be satisfied with a four door sedan with 6 cylinder manual, 210 trim and leather interior, all supplied in the local GM (Holden) colour range.
Also too few cars sold to warrant the cost of an album, although there were locally produced dealer brochures printed in colour which are really hard to find today.

·
Administrator
70,787 Posts
I have a US dealer album, no paint paint overlay for Nomad either.
There would not have been a similar album for Aussie cars as we had far fewer options and body styles. Basically you had to be satisfied with a four door sedan with 6 cylinder manual, 210 trim and leather interior, all supplied in the local GM (Holden) colour range.
Also too few cars sold to warrant the cost of an album, although there were locally produced dealer brochures printed in colour which are really hard to find today.
The aussie color dealer promo ads sure would be rare, havent yet seen any around in person :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.