Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to buy a new blueprint 383/430 h.p.stroker crate motor for my"57".The folks at blueprint recommend a 750 cfm carb.for this engine.I will be using my muncie 4-speed,the rear has 3:55 gears.
My question is this I am thinking of running 3-2's instead of a single 750 carb,has anyone used this type of combo? Will it be to lean?
My thinking is it would be different and a fun combo to run.Any opinons or suggestions?
Tony's Last Toy :gba: :flag6: :p3: :shakehands:

·
Registered
38,755 Posts
What 3/2 setup are you considering? Frankly, there are not many out there worth having.

It's not that it would be "too lean". It would either not have enough airflow to make the power that a 750 single carb would, or it would just be a giant PITA as far as driveability.

If you're looking at an old 60s setup, those are probably 200-230 cfm carbs - they won't match a 750 single carb. The manifold won't mount the bigger carbs you need, and even if it could, probably couldn't take advantage of them.

Barry Grant before he went out of business, was showing/advertising a 3/2 manifold with some bigger carbs. I've never seen one except on a manufacturers midway, I don't know if they ever made and shipped any.

Maybe there is some other decent setup out there, but they certainly aren't common.

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,021 Posts
I would rather have efi. OH wait, I do!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.