·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tires/wheels are next..
Have decided on:
Billet Spec Streetlites..
17 x 8 rear w/ 255/50/17 tires.
17 x 7 ft w/ 215/50/17 to match the rear.
Got the rear b/s pretty much decided. [Springs moved and 9" is at 58"]

Fts are the issue. Initially it was thot that 3.5" b/s was ok. Ran it thru the calculator and came w/ the following:
[Car has Heidt's 2" spindles, new, stock springs.]
3.5" = 1/2" to fender.[Warning appeared]
4.0" = 1.02" [Warning here, too.]
4.5" = 1.52" [OK]

Wheel mt face to face is right at 60.5". Brakes were supposed to be zero added track..[It's actually +1"over stock]:thumpdown:

Any/all suggestions are welcome. I can still change to the 4.5 b/s on Monday.. Wheels haven't been made yet...

·
Registered
38,550 Posts
Go with the 4.5" backspace. They may still rub, but it's the best compromise, because that's the most backspace you can go with a 7" rim. Best yet, it won't cause any other problems.

PS, you can run a bigger tire on the back if you want.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not

Go with the 4.5" backspace. They may still rub, but it's the best compromise, because that's the most backspace you can go with a 7" rim. Best yet, it won't cause any other problems.

PS, you can run a bigger tire on the back if you want.
ordered the tires, yet.
I'm looking at the idea of the 275 tire, but want to avoid having to take the rear end, shocks, etc, down to change a flat.....The "bucket list" entry for this car is to put ALOT of miles on it, and use it for a coffin at the end of the "ride"!!. It must be "user friendly" while 1000 mi from home..:D:D

Thanks, Rick.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.