Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
49,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally looked at the 57 today. The last couple of times i have driven it i have heard a noise/sound from the engine. I first thought it was the torque converter bolts loosed up, but not that lucky there. Checked those today and then unbolted it to make sure it was the engine. It has a low-end knock after it warms up.So it is another engine time already. I had planned on the LS engine swap but i am not sure i want to get into that right now. The easiest thing to do would be to swap out another engine like is in it at this time. Decisions decisions.
Terry

68,758 Posts
:( sorry to hear it might be time for an eng. terry. maybe try some lucas or something to the oil. you might get lucky. :anim_25:

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
Well i finally looked at the 57 today. The last couple of times i have driven it i have heard a noise/sound from the engine. I first thought it was the torque converter bolts loosed up, but not that lucky there. Checked those today and then unbolted it to make sure it was the engine. It has a low-end knock after it warms up.So it is another engine time already. I had planned on the LS engine swap but i am not sure i want to get into that right now. The easiest thing to do would be to swap out another engine like is in it at this time. Decisions decisions.
Terry
terry \
sorry to hear this
well
Time for a big :happy0030:
496 STROKER :congrats:, Im serious :happy0030:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Bummer... I would rebuild the one thats in there now... Later, Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts