Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day Guys....new member
We are just finishing our 1957 Corvette that belonged to our father who died in 1966.....we collected....bought and sold parts to help with the restoration. I did trade for a 1957 283 thinking we were going to go stock...we did not because dad never wanted it stock so we went with his vision. The code on the engine is FI07FC and it has two letters capital ER on the little outcropping....does that make sense? I am going to sell it as the wife is tired of all the parts....
Thank you in advance......
:)

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
'57

The Flint block is correct for a Corvette but I remember an extra port somewhere near the front for what I don't remember.

Dangerous Joe :viking:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was sold to me as a Corvette motor so I was trying to verify before selling it....I certainly don't want to misrepresent it....and I still don't know what the ER stamp on it means.....

·
Registered
945 Posts
The FI07FC is a good factory stamp, and is a 283, 220hp, 4bbl, powerglide installed in a passenger car.

The other stamps, including the ER look like the stamps that rebuilders put on engines to mark their rebuild status.

Definitely NOT a Corvette block

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
emccomas......Thank You so much for the info....I did not want to sell this as a corvette block...as it was sold to me....when it is not....it is a 57 283 and it will be sold as such.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oldchey57.....good point I will take a look when I get home....seems so obvious but I didn't think of it....:confused0006:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts