Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using an aftermarket or High Performance oil pan with the stock manual steering? I am looking for one maybe deeper or higher capacity that I can use on my 383 build without clearance problems.

Surely some on has done this already and been through the issues and will have lots of advice for me.

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
AVOIDED PROBLEMS

I knew I wanted to use R&P steering long ago and my car is lowered so I knew I didn't want adeep pan So I decideded to use a stock appearing circle track pan and added a moroso oil acclumator with a electric soloniod controled by the Holley MPFI so the accumulator valve opens at 3000 RPm and closes at 2500.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I have a Moroso 8qt deep pan on my 383 powered '55. Worked great with the manual steering and there were no issues when I went to power r&p. Don't have the part # but Summit or Jegs has them. My car is not lowered.

·
Registered
131 Posts
deep oil pans

i run deep oil pans and truck oil filters on all my my motors if you do a lot of cruising (woodward dream cruise if you have been there you know what i am talking about) this is were extra oil and filtration comes in play as for clearence i have deep pans and filters on all of my cars from 69 camaros,57 bel air, 68 and 69 chevelles ,64 bonneville and i have had no problems with any of these cars it is cheap insurance
thanks
bob
ps if you do not wish to run a deep pan running a truck filter will get you extra oil though the system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.