Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Trifive Newsletter Editor
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These wipers came off of my 56' 210 and they do not look anything like I have seen on 55-57's. I tried to run the numbers but I could not find anything. I was just wondering if any of you had seen these. They are directional and I might be able to clean them up a little more. The blades were some 70's Anco style so I will have to find replacements.

·
Registered
136 Posts
These wipers came off of my 56' 210 and they do not look anything like I have seen on 55-57's. I tried to run the numbers but I could not find anything. I was just wondering if any of you had seen these. They are directional and I might be able to clean them up a little more. The blades were some 70's Anco style so I will have to find replacements.

In 1956 if you had electric wipers, then the wiper motor, wiper arms, and wiper blades were all supplied by Delco from the factory. Unfortunately, Delco did not make replacement blades for very long after that, and most people would switch to Trico or other aftermarket type blades to replace them.

This was the only year that used Delco wiper arms and blades, and they are very rare. Trico arms and blades were standard equipment on new 1955 and 1957s.

Those wiper arms you have are pretty rare and valuable. I would have them buffed and polished to a nice shine, and then send me a PM and I will tell you where to get a brand new set of nice shiny NOS 1956 Delco Blades from.

Cary

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yes 56 electric wiper system. I have an nos set of motor, arms and wipers. They also go by contour wiper system. The wipers have a rainbow shape to hug the windshield.

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the quick response. I am going to try some Mother's on them and if they do not look good then send them to the polisher this week. I do like the arms so I hope I can find a decent set of blades for not too much! I still have the original motor and cable set up. Are those different for 56 only too? I installed RainGear so I will see if I can clean those up.

·
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have the jar and button. I guess this California car was lucky to have this option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts