Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have original 1957 wheels on your car, you should be aware of this information:

·
Premium Member
11,240 Posts
Back in 2015 I was purchasing a tire from one of the larger east coast parts places and having them install the tire on one of my original rims to use as a spare just before heading to the nationals that year. Having owned my car for going on 45 years now (and my Dad owned the car for 10 years before me), I knew you had to mount and demount the tires with the rim upside down. So I told the tire guy what he needed to do and requested that he let me back in the shop to observe and advise. He was not able to let me in the back because of insurance, and then did not tell the mechanic my instructions (intentionally or unintentionally) which promptly led to them bending my rim trying to get the tire on. I had to get a replacement rim and have that rim re blasted and powder coated, and the tire was now junk. Cost them quite a bit for not listening to me.

·
Registered
Cocke County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
8,081 Posts
Dragsix, great to hear that they took care of it in the long run. That sure is an odd rim though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts