Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like the individual post counts went DOWN -- what happened? Was there a mass deletion or something?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Not to worry.

I have been going through the eBay Forum and the Events forum and deleting the Ended Items, and the past events.

This is simply an effort to keep the site trim and tidy so we can easily find newly posted information, without having to sift through old threads that are of no use any more.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem with that is you then delete the 'archive' of these auctions -- I sometimes like to link to an old auction (sometimes ebay doesn't delete them right away) to find out if the item has been relisted by clicking on view sellers other items...this isn't the only way to do this, of course, but it's the lazy man's way! :)
Thanks for the explanation.

PS If there's ever a 'prize' for the person with the most posts, your deletions will cripple chevman's chances! :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
I understand what you're saying. It would be a good idea to bookmark an auction in your fav's if you are planning on investigating it in the future.

In any case, a clean forum is always more appealing to look through.

The eBay auction forum is configured to automatically delete threads after 14 days. Since eBay auctions are generally set to a max of 10 days, this is a good limit to set.

As for post numbers, there is always the possibility of members posting simply to up their post count, but I'm sure that isn't the case with our on-site "eBay Detective", chevman57.

I really enjoy looking at the various auctions and seeing what the cars or parts are selling for. It's the most realistic way to judge their value.

"It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it."

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love all those ebay links for the same reason...I often look at other classic cars for sale sites to see what people are asking for their cars, but the ebay ones give us the unique chance to see what other people are willing to pay...that's a real insight to the value, as you said.

As for post counts.."posting simply to up their post count," perish the thought, it's too horrible to even consider! :) :)

I love this site! :)

·
Administrator
49,633 Posts
Well your on-site e-bay detective is sidelined for some reason. Having problems and can`t get signed in so the e-bay forum is safe until they get this resolved.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
No one has been posting to up thier post count, and yes we want the ebay post.

Yes their are alot of guys looking for parts and cars.

Chevman57 welcome back from your rest

Otis:)

·
Registered
641 Posts
chevman57 said:
And no i haven`t been posting e-bay auctions to up my count. I thought there were a bunch of guys looking for cars and parts.
Quite right!

Please continue to post as you have, you are doing the rest of the membership a service. Helping each other is what the site is about. :)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Terry, I sure hope you don't think that I was accusing you of upping your post count...I was just "playing along" with an idea raised by someone else, and trying to be funny...sorry if I sounded accusational! :)

Please get back to that ebay posting, I need some more auctions in my watch list.

·
Administrator
49,633 Posts
Mike i wish i could do some e-bay watching. I don`t know what the problem is but i can`t log in on e-bay right now, i`m not sure if someone tried to hack into it or what but i`m locked out of there for now.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chevman57 said:
Mike i wish i could do some e-bay watching. I don`t know what the problem is but i can`t log in on e-bay right now, i`m not sure if someone tried to hack into it or what but i`m locked out of there for now.
Well, c'mon over and fix my transmission and I'll let you use my ebay account! :)

Hope you get things going again real soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts