Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in a previous thread, my wife bought me an American Retro RP-20003 15" 58-60 Impala style steering wheel.

My only real beef with the wheel so far is the hokey emblem in the center of the horn rim...it says 'Classic' (ugh).

I'd really like to find a crossed-flags emblem, and it looks like the factory emblem will fit, but the only problem is...it has an impala on it, and my 56 is not an Impala.

Does anyone know if there is an emblem that will fit that has the crossed flags ONLY (no impala)? If not I'll settle for the Impala emblem because it's still miles better than the one that came with it.

Thanks again! :flag6:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you even know if an OEM or repro Impala emblem will fit your Wuhan steering wheel?
I went through a bunch of old posts here and found two threads where members who purchased this same wheel successfully swapped out the 'classic' emblem for the Impala emblem.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
25,985 Posts
I went through a bunch of old posts here and found two threads where members who purchased this same wheel successfully swapped out the 'classic' emblem for the Impala emblem.
A trophy shop may be able to make one or modify the "classic" emblem.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I did the swap years ago. The Impala emblem was not cheap but it fit fine!:sign0020::):bowtier:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts