Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since 57 front seats are made out of gold are any of you guys using a bench seat from some other vehicle? I have a 68 chevelle front in my wagon but it seems to short from side to side any pic,s would be great and thanks

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I have 70 Impala 2 dr hdtp bench seats, both front & rear in my 57 2 dr hdtp & they fit fine. I had to fab. 2'' riser blocks for front, but was a fairly easy job. You can still buy new seat covers for these also.

ken 57bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I have 70 Impala 2 dr hdtp bench seats, both front & rear in my 57 2 dr hdtp & they fit fine. I had to fab. 2'' riser blocks for front, but was a fairly easy job. You can still buy new seat covers for these also.

ken 57bowtie-trifive
I have a friend who uses late 60s impala b ench seats in his builds due to cast. You are correct they work well with minor tweeks.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Talk about short, many years ago my bench seat gave up, padding, cover, adjuster, it was all junk. I bought a seat from a racer friend who had put buckets in his 1/4 mile car. I bought his bench for 10.00. this was in 1973 or74. it was short but what the heck, it was roughly right color.:)

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
I used a split bench from a 63 Impala. Close to same size as trifive seat. I used trifive tracks made a few simple mods and bolted it down to normal location.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I used a split bench from a 63 Impala. Close to same size as trifive seat. I used trifive tracks made a few simple mods and bolted it down to normal location.
An early Impala seat about that vintage was in mine when I got it. Fortunately I located an original '55 seat and replaced it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guy,s i,ll keep the chevelle seat until I find something with a better fit had to make 1 1/2 risers to get it to fit but seems i,m sitting on corner of seat when lined up on steering wheel maybe i,ll have to learn the gangsta lean

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I saw a 57 recently that had a power seat from an ElDorado in it. Looked awesome. Athough I have original seats in my 56, I may look around at the u-pull and switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts