Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

DIMWITS car club proposed

6K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  finallyhavea57 
#1 ·
So, are you a dimwit, do you hang with dimwits. Have you been accused of being dimwitted.

Do you spend hours in your shop working on your car with harbor freight tools. Do you find yourself asking more questions than you have answers for.

If yes to any of the above you are a candidate for the dimwits cruisers.

You ask, what exactly does it mean?

Doing it myself, for the DIM.

With inferior tools and shop. For the WITS.
OR

With inferior technical skills.

The very first chapter is getting organized in Sacramento now.

Plans could include merit badges for completition of certain tasks, or percentage points .

You could be quarter dimwit, half or full blown dimwit.

My question here is, what is the likely hood of something like this actually being a reality.

What else could dimwits mean as an acronym.

How many would wear a shirt proudly claiming to be a dimwit. Of course the wife would wear a shirt saying she is with the dimwit.

A loose knit club that the only purpose is to have fun with our cars.

Of course to put ourselves through the pain of building a car you are a bonafide member wether you admit it or not.

Ray

See less See more
#4 ·
Exactly you Don,

Our first breakfast is first sun of Nov at perkos on Bradshaw.

We expect you there, and expect you to expect you to be the official leader of the trifive owners and get the word out.

I want your car at the club display at next Autorama.

Ray

#6 ·
I've been called a dimwit and other things over the years. Am I pre qualified, or do I need a resume/application? Mike

#8 ·
Boy now thats a promotion I never thought that I would be given. Thanks Ray. Ya I am to far from Sacramento. Right? Thanks again, Mike.

#10 ·
Ray, You need to be careful, everyone has their own story.

DIM is me.. On a sailors salary I have no choice b ut to do it myself. Why? Because I made a commitment to three homeless children by adopting them. My money is raising them and my two biological children first, wrenching on my unessesary toy second!

Wit is me, My Harbor Freight welder worked overtime and my tools I could never buy were inherited when my stepfather passed away of cancer in 2006. He taught me mechanics as a teen but never how to weld or do body work!! That has all been self taught!

I traded a Japanese motorcycle for the car after returning from Afghanistan for the third time and feeling like I needed to Americanize myself.

So ths DIMWIT"S jalopy is a tribute to my dedication to family and America

It has only cost me a Japanese Bike and $3500.... With that you and up with a Family Friendly Rat that is a 55,57,58,69,74 Automobile that I LOVE!!

I guess I'll start the VA Charter, No nice cars allowed now!:sign0020:

#14 ·
I love the story, and your commitment to family first.
Without a doubt you and people like you keep this alive.

This concept has arrived at the right time. Some car guys take this way too serious. Let's lighten up, have some fun, build cars and relationships that will last beyond us.

You just never know you may find lots of fellow dimwits wanting to formalize.

Ray

#12 ·
My good buddie at campfire said I was interesting to watch and I of course considered it a compliment. should count for something. :):bowtier:

#15 ·
count me in. :tu people at work don't understand what i'm doing. and just the other night somebody stopped out front and asked my kid if we could fix his car for him. he thought we were a shop or something. he even had the hood open to show us what was wrong. we have the tools, we can rebuild it. ( but do we really know what we're doing). jeff

#21 ·
Rick, thanks brother! It has been amazingly rewarding! Having all the little ones also drove me to find a rod with a bench seat. My buddies thought I was crazy but how am I gonna leave anyone behind when its a DOUMArS night... not gonna happen! Ha!

#23 ·
Great responses guys, and welcome to those that are far away as well.
We will figure a way to keep those long distance members informed.

I came up with another,

Doing It Myway, With Intelligent technical support.

And for the rebuild shop owner

Doing it masterfully with integrity truth and safety

But no matter how you slice it you are still a DIMWIT.

GOTTA quit playing and get to work on that Stang.

Ray

#27 ·
hey Ray, we have a request for membership from Invercargill, New Zealand which was the home of the worlds fastest Indian Motorcyle built by Burt Munro.
He would have been a DIMWIT too since he Did Incredible Machining With Inadequate Tools & Shop. Your are going to have to broaden your horizons since this would make us International if you accept Chris into our ranks.

#29 ·
A guy would have to go back to school just to join the club . You boys are pretty sharp . Just back in from the shop and my wife wants to know what's so funny . It's pouring rain , cold and miserable , and from where I was standing in the shop , I could look past the front end of the 55 inside , nice and dry, and see my wife's Caravan outside in the rain with its engine hanging on the cherry-picker . Only REAL cars make it inside the shop . If that's not Dimwitted , it's at least halfway there . LOL . Be safe...Bob.

#32 ·
Bob, I think you have your priorities pretty much set straight.
Hate to rub it in but we are painting outside today in low 80's.

On school thing I am the only 5 year high school grad I know. From there it is education from out behind the barn.

Keep that chev warn and dry.

Ray

#34 ·
I resemble thet thar remark, I am member number 17 by my Dimwitted count, I will be making a vest for my motorcycle, DIMWITS on top rocker, TRIFIVE on bottom rocker, NW Florida CC (Car Club) along the bottom, a picture of a shorty 57 Chevy in the middle, my State MotorCycle Club Conference might get upset, depending on the colors. How about there's a motorcycle club out of Eglin AFB called the Infidels? Love it!

Attachments

#36 ·
For anyone wanting to follow the dimwits I have setup a yahoo group. Just search the yahoo groups page for crusin dimwits and then ask to join. I will gladly approve you.

We had our first meeting today, 16 in attendance with 5 members that could not make it.

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.