Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,219 Posts
The TH350 is as close as you can get...The TH200-R4 is the same length...But requires more peripherals

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
great.. ill dig into the details does but does it require drive shaft changes? Any idea if shifter other than PRNDL needs to change? thanks
need vacuum line to modulator valve and detent cable if you want passing gear. Rear transmission cross member and trans mount and same drive shaft. may have to change speedometer gears

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can purchase to mount from existing transmission mount to turbo 350 without the use of a transmission bar.
When I converted to 350 in mine with Danchuk conversion bell housing mounts because I keep the front motor mounts, many of the gear heads on another Chevy site highly recommended the rear transmission cross member which I did , being the newer tranny housings don't have the strength of the old case iron powerglides, torque being one of the concerns. I figured better safe then sorry.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,219 Posts
When I converted to 350 in mine with Danchuk conversion bell housing mounts because I keep the front motor mounts, many of the gear heads on another Chevy site highly recommended the rear transmission cross member which I did , being the newer tranny housings don't have the strength of the old case iron powerglides, torque being one of the concerns. I figured better safe then sorry.
Agree whole heartedly

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Any year Camaro, Nova, Chevelle Th350 are short tail and work prior to 1980 or so, after that watch out for lock-up. Truck and full size Th350s got long in 1973, prior to that they are short tail. Cores are easy to find if you know where to look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts