Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my exhaust manifolds on the car, much quieter. but aftrr driving 45 minutes, i opened the hood and discovered the chrome has turned a golden purple blue.... why is this and is it a problem?

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
This is normal and heat related, happens every time. No fix I know of. Does not hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Just happens with use. Mike

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
Just takes a few minutes to do this. No worries!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have chrome fenderwell headers..I don't remember the name of the stuff but motorcycle guys use this stuff and it works very well.Its a white powder that you mix with a little water to make a paste...rub it on hard with a rag wait till it dries rub off.It may take a few times but it does work ALL the BEST Paul

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have chrome fenderwell headers..I don't remember the name of the stuff but motorcycle guys use this stuff and it works very well.Its a white powder that you mix with a little water to make a paste...rub it on hard with a rag wait till it dries rub off.It may take a few times but it does work ALL the BEST Paul
does it permanently remove the coloring? if its caused by impurities cant i ever clean it off and keep it nice?

·
Registered
434 Posts
.SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR REPLY ..HAD SOME FAMILY STUFF GOING ON...tHE STUFF IS CALLED .BLUE OUT OR BLUE OFF...GOOGLE IT.It does not remove it forever..nothing will..But using it every once and a while will keep it in check

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
I would live with it... Headers are very difficult and time consuming to polish that frequently. Why I purchased coated headers.

·
Registered
622 Posts
blue job?

If I remember right it is called blue job,,,,, I have painted the inside several coats and baked and the chrome still turned blue. But blue job is the best for cleaning blue off, but it still returns.
Hope this helps
Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts