Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else fed up with the ever growing amount of foreign cars in Hemmings Classic Car America’s Definitive Collector Car Magazine? I feel in has overstepped boundaries of “America’s Definitive Collector Car Magazine”, last I knew The Hemming’s foreign car magazine failed. And now Hemmings is forcing those failed foreign cars Into a successful periodical. Not in my interest.

Well, my subscription expires in Dec’20 and I do not plan to renew.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think they're starting the feel the pinch / pain also . Definitely has changed. And have also seen cars that have been listed for several months, if not years !!! Magazines also have been affected. Super Chevy is gone.

·
Registered
65,816 Posts
it is still published?

Reactions: SLIM

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have not looked at their book/magazine in years. Out of the blue a few months back, they started sending me emails. I get one from them every day.

·
Administrator
63,452 Posts
They did have fantastic articles, as far as the collection of cars they sell, they would need to spread the market to keep their head above water.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
If any of you went to see the Las Vegas Imperial Palace auto collection, you will recall he had a whole big room dedicated to Duesenberg cars. They were very large and all looked alike, but the owner at the time was of German decent and loved them. He owned about 600 total cars and had about 200 on display at any given time.

I never could see what people see in non-US cars either.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
No end to how far out of touch Hemmings is with the average American car owner, and hotrodder. It just seems they're desperate to try to garner more readers by diluting anything they touch. They don't realize that for every import lover they might gain, they'll lose 3 or 4 diehard lovers of American cars.

·
Banned
616 Posts
If any of you went to see the Las Vegas Imperial Palace auto collection, you will recall he had a whole big room dedicated to Duesenberg cars. They were very large and all looked alike, but the owner at the time was of German decent and loved them. He owned about 600 total cars and had about 200 on display at any given time.

I never could see what people see in non-US cars either.
Hahaha,

Duesenberg Motors Company was an American manufacturer of racing cars and high-end luxury automobiles. It was founded by brothers August and Frederick Duesenberg in 1913 in Saint Paul, Minnesota, where they built engines and racing cars. Wikipedia

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I just never have been interested in European cars. Triumphs, MGs, Morgans. Nope Little Italian sports cars, Porshe, whatever. Nope I might make an exception for VWs as they were so plentiful it is as if they were American. I understand other people really get off on the foreign classics and that's okay. Just not me. Hemmings is still an excellent place to sell really nice cars.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
@Bill Jenkins
I didn't know that.
Also, I bought a new XKE because of the seats. Had it towed in 7 times in the 6 months I had it.
I lived in LA and you can't have a car that quits on the freeway, HaHa.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I had a TR4 one time long ago, and it was a fun car to drive, but severely lacking in power. And I rarely drove it that either something rattled loose, or something electrical quit on it. I finally got tired of the unreliability and sold it.

Of course I've owned a British car for the last decade, but only the body is British Austin. The rest is American, and I love it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts