Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Well, here I go. I ready to start the restore. I`ve started by cleaning out the trunk, and removing all in interior. So far all the major stuff looks in very good shape. I want to post some pics along the way but... kinda new to adding pics. Any help on just how to attach some pics to my posts are welcome. good luck 2 me .....looking forward to the shear fun of it all

Mrfixit143:D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Can't wait to see the photos. Sure would be nice if you get good at posting pics then we can follow along with your restoration! It would be nice to at least see some before photos so when you get done we can see the progress...easier said than done. I can't tell you how many projects I've finished and then said I wish I had taken some pics!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o.k. I just made a new album with 3 pics in it.Check it out and let me know what you all think. Now, if I can figure out how to attach pics when I post a message. I guess I can`t run till I walk first

Jim:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mrfixit143,
If you have a digital camera...so much the better for you and us. Great quality and endless storage. You can photograph the entire project from tear down to completion. And of course share it with all of us! "Build Books" are becomming more popular everyday. Buy some good ring binders and you'll be surprised how fast they fill-up with pictures and doccuments.

I can tell you from experience photographing the tear down becomes very important when your re-assembling something you took apart a over a year ago and can't remember how it goes together!! You should photograph and document as much as possible for insurance purposes if for no other reason. Formulate a plan and make it happen! Good luck with your build.

Tom

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I love that color! Green is one of my favorites!

What did the interior look like? Are you going to re-use the seats or are they trashed?

You've got a real headstart on most of us -- your 'before' pics look better than my 'now' pics!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
If you right-click on your pic in 'large view' in the photo gallery (i.e. click on the smaller pic and it will enlarge, then right click on the big photo) then select the save link option. Come back to the forum, click on the 'insert image' icon (it looks like a yellow rectangle with a mountain image on it), and paste the link that you just saved. You should get something like this...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Mike,

Yes I`m going to use the stock seats. They are in need of covering about in super shape elsewise. I`m glad you like the color. Any idea of how I can find out how many were made that color? I haven`t seen but one other 4door that color and was wondering if it was a RARE color. The paint code is 812 but I kinda think I may do a color change. Your color combo is what I think IS the BEST color of the car. I guess it`s kinda early to think about a paint job right now. I`ll keep at it. Also, do you know how I can make the pics smaller to see when I figure how to add them in my posts? I don`t want to SLAM someone looking in the head with the door !!!! ( LOL)

Jim:confused:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I don't know if you can determine the production numbers for the paint code or not, but I don't think so. I wouldn't change the color just for the sake of keeping it original, that should add to the value of the car.

You can make the pics smaller by uploading smaller pics to the gallery. Once they're in the gallery, I don't think you can do much about the size.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I have a 7 megapixel camera so I can't post the pics straight from my pictures. I found that if you go to www.fookes.com there is a program called Easy Thumbnail which is free to download. I use that to make the pics smaller in pixels (500x500). When you look in your folder at the end of the pics they will have the same numbers but there will be a small tn in front of the image number. These will post easily on sites. Look below the post for manage attachments.
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts