Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
My Dad is almost complete with his 1957 2dr Hardtop Restoration and asked for my help hooking up his Ipod to his stock radio. We saw the $120 wiring harness that connects to the antenna but It looks like a simple connector.

Has anyone made their own wiring harness? (radio shack style).

Thanks =)

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi matthew and welcome. good to have you here. maybe one of the sponsors here sell something. :anim_25: .

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Your probably going to have to get that unit that grafts into the antenna lead and converts the audio signal from the ipod to a am radio signal the another way is to modify the radio to accept a line level input and it wont be stereo either and will probably be more expensive unless you have a friend thats a old tube tv/radio or old school ham radio person thats into tube equipment perform the mods. Personally I'd leave a working wonderbar radio intact and unmodified. the antenna connected am converter is probably the best way to go. Or you could get a small car audio amplifier around 5 to 10 watts connect the ipod output to that and use relays to switch the speaker(s) from the wonderbar to the ipod amp.

heres a link to a antenna connected converter
http://www.rediscoveradio.com/

Regards, Robert

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts