Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is this just another "drama queen" section for members?

I just purchased a pair of CPP [Chinese Pathetic Parts] lower ball joints which should have been a simple bolt in replacement.

Surprise surprise!! I would like to meet the "rocket scientist" that designed this

The standard Chevy ball joint housing is a 2 piece design that has 6 rivets [4 on the top under tension and 2 on the side under shear]
The sides of the ball joint fit snugly inside the channel shaped stamping of the A-arm.

The problem with the CPP design is the top plate is 6mm [1/4"] wider than the OEM version and wouldn't fit inside the A-Arm [if they did it would be impossible to tighten up the side bolts .

A simple fix would be to take a grinder and flap disc and trim back the top plate.........but please note that in my country Taking a grinder to suspension components is illegal
And in the USA where citizens have the propensity for suing each other ,this would not be a good business policy.

It is piss poor quality control for parts that get shipped to the other side of the world and deemed unusable as is.

What do CPP have to say about this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Guess the answer is "no" - there are other threads on here asking for a response - of course no answer from CraPP.

Their rep has not posted on the site for nearly 2 years. That rep had a hard time taking any negative feedback.

Did you pay via Paypal? If so, I would lodge a claim on the basis of wrong/not suitable parts. If thru Visa, not sure how you would go about getting a refund from your bank.

Otherwise I would send a complaint directly to the company and ask how they intend to remedy it.

Cheers, Des

·
Administrator
63,383 Posts
They should be checking in here especially if they are a sponsor, I would think that they listen to their customer base not ignore them.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
They should be checking in here especially if they are a sponsor, I would think that they listen to their customer base not ignore them.

Can the Admins or Moderators exert any pressure on CPP to monitor their forum and respond? Seems pointless otherwise...

·
Administrator
48,519 Posts
Can the Admins or Moderators exert any pressure on CPP to monitor their forum and respond? Seems pointless otherwise...

·
Premium Member
5,477 Posts
Why bother having a sponsor who won't provide customer service? If they can't answer then why allow them to advertise for business? There are plenty of other sponsor/advertisers who can and will help.

·
Registered
35,495 Posts
Their rep has not posted on the site for nearly 2 years.
CPP has almost no customer service. You're pretty much on your own no matter how you try to communicate with them. I would recommend that you buy any CPP products from a big retailer with good customer service - let them deal with CPP. If you use CPP at all.

Standard mode of operation when buying CPP control arms is throw away any ball joints that come with them and buy real ones.

You got lucky they didn't fit - you might have used them and that could cause much worse.

·
Registered
35,495 Posts
Why bother having a sponsor who won't provide customer service? If they can't answer then why allow them to advertise for business?
They are allowed to be a sponsor because they send the site money. 'Nuff said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts