Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this seat from a guy that was positive that it came out of a 56 Chevy Belair.Today I have had 2 people tell me that they dont think that it did.
Because of the straps on the back,it may have come out of a Cadillac or Oldsmobile.
I've tried to search Cadillac,Oldsmobile & Chevy seats w/no joy. Does anyone know what it came out of?
I know that someone welded a bracket on the front bottom so it will bolt into a car w/out using the original bracket that bolts to the floor.

I measured the seat brackets and they match exactly to the bolts in the floor of my 56.

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,789 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
It may have come out of a 56, but not original, and the seller may not have known it was not original.
Jim

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Yes, you do Fred

Been looking through some pics and the only thing I've seen so far with grab handles is Buick...

with more research I have found them on Pontiac Star Chief also...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Going to put my two cents in and say 56 Pontiac. I did some interior work on a Safari 2Dr Wagon a few years ago and the pattern looks similar. Should not be a problem fitting it to the Chevy (upholstery included) as the seat frames are the same.

·
Registered
290 Posts
looks like it will work, new covering and who would know? Looks better than using something like a Ford seat....... Things are getting high everywhere too.........
Pig is me

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that it will fit,but I bought it to re-sell & buy parts for the 56 since I bought it as a tri-5 seat I figured that it would sell quickly.
Any idea what its worth??

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
A lot of guys are now rebuilding the mid fifties Buicks and Pontiacs...might be some interest there 'cuz parts for those type of cars are even getting more scarse than tri-fives.
Can't help you with a resale price probably not much more than what you originally paid IMO...who knows, put it on Craigslist might be someone looking for just such a seat

·
Registered
1,692 Posts

A pic of the seat out of the 210 that we had recovered. FWIW. The slider control on the lower trim piece is a fingertip control, versus the bullet looking control on yours (if that is a slider control). I am fairly certain it was original, considering the shape it was in before the rebuild.

You can check the reflection on the mirror in the background for a rear view.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's listed for $850 in the classified section!
It was listed by me for $850 when I thought that it was a 55,6,7...Whats your point?:confused0006:

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
......Any idea what its worth??
What's my point?

Seemed ironic since your ad listing @ $850 for 55-57 chevy appplication was active while you are inquiring about the value and what it came from. Why didn't you pull the listing until both the application and value were established?

What's with the red?

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What's my point?

Seemed ironic since your ad listing @ $850 for 55-57 chevy appplication was active while you are inquiring about the value and what it came from. Why didn't you pull the listing until both the application and value were established?

What's with the red?
My apologies for being upset about gettin' took on a deal & not having things in proper order for you..Next time that I have a problem I'll be sure to ask you in what order I should do things.:anim_63::anim_63:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Pontiac

Fred, my dad had a 56 Pontiac and it came with the grab rope all the way across the back seat like this one--I think it was a 4-door. Maybe the 2-door came with the split version. JIM.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
It's one of the many text colors we have the option of using when posting...

Sorry guys, I just had to do it... :D:D:D

Oldfart pm

oldfart said:
Got a problem Sparky?

:rolleyes: great private message! :tu

:anim_25: flippin' your seat

1 - 20 of 25 Posts