Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Do I need to change cams when I put air in my car

754 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Sledgehammer
:) As you all know I am re-doing my car and one of the changes is adding air. I currently have a 2500 stall Torque converter and a comp 276 roller cam. I am planning to use a switch to increase the idle speed when stopped but do you all think I should de-tune my engine by going to a smaller cams such as a 270 or 264 extreme to make it as my wife says "smoother". I really like the 276 but mom rules so what do you all think?

1 - 1 of 6 Posts
Smoother ?

Do as she asks put in the 270 degree with a 2000 stall and she should be happy.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.