Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you crazy?! That's what my buddy ask me yesterday when I told him I was thinking of selling my Vintage Air kit for my 57 2 door. I've had the kit for a while (never took it out of the boxes) so its not like I'd have to fill holes and such.
He thinks I'm crazy because we live ib Arizona and its over 100 degress from June to October here. Butttt, our real show season or car events don't really get going until it cools down and not to mention when its 115 degrees outside and I'm running the A/c I risk overheating.
I could really use the money right now and keep leaning on giving the car a late sixties mild hot rod look aswell..Buttt, maybe I'm a fool for considering selling the kit because it would add value to the car and I could drive now and agin in the summer without having two bring an extra shirt and sweat towel...what do you guys think...Am I crazy?:sign0020:

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
Are you crazy?! That's what my buddy ask me yesterday when I told him I was thinking of selling my Vintage Air kit for my 57 2 door. I've had the kit for a while (never took it out of the boxes) so its not like I'd have to fill holes and such.
He thinks I'm crazy because we live ib Arizona and its over 100 degress from June to October here. Butttt, our real show season or car events don't really get going until it cools down and not to mention when its 115 degrees outside and I'm running the A/c I risk overheating.
I could really use the money right now and keep leaning on giving the car a late sixties mild hot rod look aswell..Buttt, maybe I'm a fool for considering selling the kit because it would add value to the car and I could drive now and agin in the summer without having two bring an extra shirt and sweat towel...what do you guys think...Am I crazy?:sign0020:
na

when its that hot out there in summer, the metal, is to hot to touch, and like u mentioned ,your show season is starting now thru spring.
u hav to make that decision, I dont have air, but thats me, our summers around here are hot and sticky.
winters snowny /cold here, thats why theres AZ :wavey:
:anim_25: keep us posted

·
Registered
9,469 Posts

It's 19 degrees out and snowing here in Ohio right now so my opinion is probably useless ...but from what I hear about your weather there yes I thing your crazy to sell it .......:)

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
You said"I could really use the money right now".IMHO you already answered your question.We all sometimes have to do things that others don't understand.
Air is a luxury that not all can afford.Price it reasonably and it could end up under the tree of another tri 5 member making that member very happy.. .But in the end..Do whats good for YOU.:tu

·
Registered
375 Posts
I,m getting ready to buy the V/A kit for a 57.
PM me if you decide to sell. I,m fairly close is Cali.

Den

·
Registered
256 Posts
Adding air-co only adds complication to a simple car. KISS! Sell it and enjoy the cash.

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
I think you already know that you should sell it. You don't really have the need for air the way you use the car. And, your finances right now leave you needing some cash. No brainer. Sell it.

It's not like it's a permanent decision. A few years down the road, your needs and wants may change and you might be in a little better financial shape. You could then buy a new unit. Plus, I bet you don't have the servo unit now and you could upgrade to that down the road if you wanted.

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
In other "posts" you mentioned that you were going to lose the car due to other financial obligations . Are you able to keep the car now? I wouldnt invest money into a car knowing it would be taken from me at a future date. That being said, if you are able to keep the car I probably would find something else to sell, if your going to lose the car down the road I would sell the vintage air.:anim_25:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've just pulled the Vintage Air out of my '55 Nomad and I'm gathering the parts together to re install an original Heater , not because I'm a resorer but because the V Air was never fully connected and I'm in England and it rarely gets really hot , minus 3 today with snow _

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In other "posts" you mentioned that you were going to lose the car due to other financial obligations . Are you able to keep the car now? I wouldnt invest money into a car knowing it would be taken from me at a future date. That being said, if you are able to keep the car I probably would find something else to sell, if your going to lose the car down the road I would sell the vintage air.:anim_25:
I already had the Vintage Air setup so I'm not spending any money.
We qualiifed for Chapter 13 only, which means based on the low value of my daily driver I am able to purchase the 57 back from the amount the Trustee says I have to pay back. So no I won't lose the car but my lawyer still had me dismantle it possible so I could buy it back from the settlement.
Again, I already have the kit before I was laid off...Thanks

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
We qualiifed for Chapter 13 only, which means based on the low value of my daily driver I am able to purchase the 57 back from the amount the Trustee says I have to pay back. So no I won't lose the car but my lawyer still had me dismantle it possible so I could buy it back from the settlement.
Thats GREAT news that youre not going to lose your car.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
I didn't know when you said you needed the money that you "really" needed the money......heck ..you have to do what you have to do ....sell the air , tires & wheels and interior if you have to just to hold on to the car..nothing crazy about that ! :tu

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I was going to say Yes, you are crazy until I read this... Wishing you well... Later, Dave

·
Registered
689 Posts
Adding air-co only adds complication to a simple car. KISS! Sell it and enjoy the cash.
I agree with this statement but I will not have another one without A/C. It is just too hot here in Texas during the summer and I drive my car a lot, sure does make it nice.

On the other hand, money is money. It is up to you to make that decision.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts