Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
48,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my first car cruise yesterday. And forgot and left the camera in the pickup. I trailered the 57 there due to the 103* heat, yes i wimped out. I did get to meet 55 chev (Jason) from Ft. Worth for a brief minute. There was too much going on for much of a visit. Hopefully he got some pics while there.
Terry

·
Registered
689 Posts
Nope, no pictures on my end either. The cruise was neat but most of the cars went by so fast it would not have taken a good picture. We did drive our '55 there but only since I finished the A/C the night before, otherwise it would have been a miserable trip. Ended up putting a little over 400 miles on the hotrod without any hiccups ! As I mentioned to Terry earlier we need to try and meet with some of the other members here and visit. There was a lot going on and of course it was hot with no place for shelter to sit and visit.

·
Registered
36,119 Posts
Well you know it's too hot to even think in Texas in August.

I hope you guys had a good time but it will be a better time for a cruise or even to work on your car in about 5 or 6 weeks.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Terry you need to get you one of these Texas Air Conditioners, the yellow center matches your car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
Well, thanks for at least remembering to tell us you went on the cruise. We can try to imagine how nice your 57' shined Terry! :sign0020:

Don

·
Administrator
48,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope you guys had a good time
Rick it was a lot of fun, but yet nerve racking at the same time. You want to look around at all the other rides but don`t want to look off and then end up rear ending someone else. :eek: :D
Terry

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I don't blame you Terry, the older I get the more I can't take the heat and I have A/C... Not bad getting someplace but with no shade etc:eek: Later, Dave

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,369 Posts
Got some TQ accessories for your next outing Terry :)

See link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/products.php?term=trailer queen&defid=1419936

Trailor Queen:
1. A person who takes his classic car to car shows on a trailer, then jumps out and starts polishing off all the invisible dirt that might have attached itself. Trailer queens don't drive their cars. They just drag them around on a trailer to be admired.
2. The most common trailer queen can be driven. The owner is ussually so tied up in the status and appearance of his car that he has forgotten the joy of driving it and now hauls it around in a trailer to avoid dirt. These are often painfully shiny with very expensive, detailed painjobs and excess chrome. The owner will wash and polish every part of the car (even the brake pads) before the car goes in the trailer and then again after he parks it at the show. Extreme trailer queens are often hauled around in trailers that are show-worthy themselves.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
HOT! HOT! HOT!

Terry, Don't let the guys bug you too much about Trailering your '57 to the Cruise - at 103 Degrees I probably wouldn't have even gone - I don't think they appreciate how HOT it gets in Texas! :sign0020:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Vernon cruise

Come on Terry, it gets that hot every year hear in Texas! It was five hours for us to get there from Tyler, we left Friday morning and got back about 8 tonight (Sunday). That was easier than than last week to Louisville,KY & back! Thank goodness for Vintage Air, we don't feel that 103 going down the highway and the 57 runs 180 @ 70-75. I got some pictures at the show part of the event today I'll see if I can figure out how to post them tomorrow.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Terry you need to get you one of these Texas Air Conditioners, the yellow center matches your car.
That is too funny, I have one that I put on the shifter handle to put more air to the back seat for my daughter. Works great with the a/c up front.

·
Administrator
48,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got some TQ accessories for your next outing Terry

See link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/produ...&defid=1419936

Trailor Queen:
1. A person who takes his classic car to car shows on a trailer, then jumps out and starts polishing off all the invisible dirt that might have attached itself. Trailer queens don't drive their cars. They just drag them around on a trailer to be admired.
2. The most common trailer queen can be driven. The owner is ussually so tied up in the status and appearance of his car that he has forgotten the joy of driving it and now hauls it around in a trailer to avoid dirt. These are often painfully shiny with very expensive, detailed painjobs and excess chrome. The owner will wash and polish every part of the car (even the brake pads) before the car goes in the trailer and then again after he parks it at the show. Extreme trailer queens are often hauled around in trailers that are show-worthy themselves.
Very funny David. If mine was a true trailer queen it would never be driven, especially since i live on a dirt road. And yes i do drive it on that road at least twice a week.;)
Terry

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,369 Posts
Very funny David. If mine was a true trailer queen it would never be driven, especially since i live on a dirt road. And yes i do drive it on that road at least twice a week.;...Terry

I can only wish mine was back to the point where I could trailor or drive it to any event. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts