Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with info on what would be the oldest range of models of chevys (did I say that right?) to have a small block engine and a 200R tranny? If I were looking for a donor car (or truck).
Thanks Gary

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
The Turbo-Hydramatic 200-4R was introduced in 1982 General Motors rear wheel drive, overdrive vehicles. Used primarily in Buick, Olds, Pontiac and Cadillac models, they also appeared in some Chevrolet models. This was made possible by a multiple bell housing bolt pattern found on some of the cases that allowed the 200-4R to be bolted to Chevrolet's specific bolt pattern

Source:
http://www.drwtransmission.com/thm_200-4r.htm

more info
The 200-4R is the tranny that was in the Buick GNX and cn be found in the Monte Carlo SS from 86-88.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Can anyone help me with info on what would be the oldest range of models of chevys (did I say that right?) to have a small block engine and a 200R tranny? If I were looking for a donor car (or truck).
Thanks Gary
My '86 Monte Carlo has this combination.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.