Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have removed the LQ4 and 4L80 (2 wheel drive) from my 2004 Silverado 2500 HD. I have removed the complete wiring harness (underhood and dash/in-cab) including the accelerator pedal and wiring. Is there anything else that I need to remove from the truck before I dispose of it. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
you don't need the in dash harness just the ALDL plug from it. make sure you get the throttle control module from under the hood and the small harness that connects it to the pedal assy.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,007 Posts
Ok guys, I have removed the LQ4 and 4L80 (2 wheel drive) from my 2004 Silverado 2500 HD. I have removed the complete wiring harness (underhood and dash/in-cab) including the accelerator pedal and wiring. Is there anything else that I need to remove from the truck before I dispose of it. Thanks for your help.
As mentioned the TAC box on firewall outboard of Break booster. If it has the stub harness to the pedal it and the pedal. Some had the stub harness built into main harness and not standalone. Also remove the HB unit lines and MC someone will want them. Save the yoke of the drive shaft as well. You could save the oil cooler lines to add an oil cooler. But I would get the Transcooler and PS cooler as well to reuse if they are clean.

Also the CATS and O2 are worth alot of money to right places. SO cut off and save them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I do have the module from the firewall, the harness to the accelerator and accelerator itself. I still have the p/s cooler and transmission coolers and lines attached to the engine and transmission sitting in my car......just not permanently yet, but still working on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and I do have the yoke, the cats and the O2's....and all of the cruise control parts...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts