Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All week here in Tahoe there has been a Ford V8 gathering, 95% of the cars are stock, I tried really hard not to go see them, no really I did, but went up today for a look. I know you guys do love most classic cars so I posted a few pics of the cars. So please be easy on me I am a Chevy guy no matter what. Jeff

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts
Nice cars, you can tell your at a ford show when the comp. class is to run over a fire extinguisher.:)

Never seen that at any car show I've been to....What's up with that? :confused0024:

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,335 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Was a f**d man for years ( mustangs, thunderckickens) but I finally saw the light.:sign0020:

Actually I like alot of classic cars. My bucket list is bigger than my wallet.

Luv the woody wagon.

The event sponser required every car to have a fire extinguisher. Not a bad idea, never know when a car might back fire through the carb and set one on fire.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
I have been to shows also that you had to have a fire ext. with your car displayed at the front driver side tire,,,also great pictures of the show ,,iam a closet ford/mercury man myself ,,,:sign0020:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
We Got to stick together

I enjoy all old cars. I can appreciate all there differences and features. They all have such unique styling that you can spot and identify in a glance. A lot of the new stuff foreign and domestic all looks the same. I really would love to have a pic of this car (pictured) , the light blue 51 sport coupe. My dad had one the same color in 56 and had a 55 265 in it. Sold it when He got out of the air force in 60. Probably razor blades by now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Some shows won't allow you to enter without a fire extuinguisher

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Nice cars, you can tell your at a ford show when the comp. class is to run over a fire extinguisher.:)
Never seen that at any car show I've been to....What's up with that? :confused0024:
Many organizations (like AACA) require you to have a fire extinguisher. If you're at an AACA show and don't display one in proper working condition, you'll automatically be disqualified.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I am thinking its a TRPA thing........ If they were parked there more than one day they would probably all have to be painted some shade of green also.

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
I have been a "streetrodder" for years, and I like the 30's and 40's cars. Any brand. They may be Ford's, but some fine examples of some beautiful cars! Thanks for posting Jeff.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Whats a F-o-r-d?? Never heard of this make :) Only one make exists for me
and that's :bowtier:bowtier:

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
I am thinking its a TRPA thing........ If they were parked there more than one day they would probably all have to be painted some shade of green also.
MAN!!!! you hit the TRPA thing dead on the nose :sign0020:

I am not surprised they did not make them put plastic tarps under the cars, they are F**D's, so you know they have oil leaks :)

That's it JEFF!!! you are banned for life :damnmate: it is one thing to take pics of a F**D, but have the ba**'s to post them up in the bowtie-trifive is un-heard of :sign0020:

Now in all reality, thanks for the pics, there is some cool Old Iron in there. I have been seeing the cars & trucks driving and being towed up Hwy 50 all week long.

Rick

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I like all old cars and for a few weeks back in 1962 I had a 35 Ford 5 window like the one here but mine wasn't in that good shape... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
At risk of being kicked out too l'll admit that I like Fords. Those old ford v8's are smooth, you can't hardly hear them running. Very cool to look at also.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts