Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a wooden box that I sort nuts,bolts & washers in and yesterday I got a real nice sliver under my fingernail.
I still cant get it out..Ouch! (I had to cover the camera flash,thats why the finger looks red)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Looks like it hurts.

I love the tiny sliver you get in your finger/hand that you can NOT find. But.... you can sure feel it every time you brush something against it.
:eek:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Since I was a carpenter all my career...You have my sympathy I have had those and they hurt. My worst was a Cedar splinter under my thumbnail...Cedar has an acid or whatever and a Cedar splinter burns after a bit when it enters the flesh... I put up with it for about a day then did "jobsite surgery" finally got that little sob out but it wasn't pretty.
Hope your tetnaus shot is up to date!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I thought I knew pain - until I got a SINTERED BRONZE chip under my nail. Dang for some reason the bronze does not come out - it festers - the gift that keeps on giving for at least a couple weeks!

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,474 Posts
Been there, done that...... Many a time.

Still doesn't feel any better each time it happens.

And yes job site surgery is the fastest way for relief. even if it aint pretty.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Drawing salve ?

Sound'ts like you guys haven't heard about drawing salve.The products I use are Quert or Prid both work well for me.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
They take too long...way to long:)

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OF did you say some real choice words when it happened?
Mike,an emotionally stable even tempered old F*** like me never uses those choice words.:sign0020::sign0020:

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,474 Posts
Mike,an emotionally stable even tempered old F*** like me never uses those choice words.:sign0020::sign0020:
Hey you may not have chosen them, but they just tend to spout out. I know they have from me when that happens.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Don't forget the old Black Salve (Icthammol ointment or some similar spelling). It has a petroleum smell to it, so it goes good with your restoration work, but brings about anything out of your skin in a few hours to a day or so. Very old school, but most drug stores still know it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
When I was tween jobs once I worked part time as a Planned Maint Mechanic for a tuna boat fleet. In their deck kits they had these little bottles of (I think) nitrogen with a small nozzle - for freezing (numbing) the area of a hook penetration prior to extraction. each was enough to do about 5 extractions. I grabbed a few and they came in handy for many years. Don't know if they can even be sourced now though...

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Old Pal...

I have a wooden box that I sort nuts,bolts & washers in and yesterday I got a real nice sliver under my fingernail.
I still cant get it out..Ouch! (I had to cover the camera flash,thats why the finger looks red)
Every time I had a splinter in my finger, my Grand Dad always used to say, "Come over here Boy, I got my pocket knife all sharpened an I can fix ya right up...so come over here and let me dig it out fer ya..." (yikes!!! :eek:#$%^) he never caught me !!!! BDR

·
Registered
483 Posts
Every time I had a splinter in my finger, my Grand Dad always used to say, "Come over here Boy, I got my pocket knife all sharpened an I can fix ya right up...so come over here and let me dig it out fer ya..." (yikes!!! :eek:#$%^) he never caught me !!!! BDR
My Grandad did the same - I used to let him - he never hurt me he was steady with his hands.

Of course as I grew up I realized that was the same knife he used to clean stuff out of his horses' hooves.....

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Yes Fred, I do hate it when that happens! The little kids on my school bus have a saying for wounds and injuries... They'd call it a RBO... "Really Big Owie" Mend fast my friend... Later, Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts