Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a break down diagram of a 55 210 sedan 2-dr,door? I looked in the assembly section but can't find anything relating to the car doors. I'm looking for a exploded view possible with dimensions and hole locations.
Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks, Mitchbowtie-trifive

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
The Fisher body book is your best bet for door/window assembly . The 2 factories , Chevrolet Division and Fisher Body were 2 separate entities back then . The Fisher manual is available on E-Bay . Maybe someone here has scanned it and can e-mail pages to you . Be safe...Bob.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,022 Posts
This is a earlier model Chevy but the parts are in about the same place as a tri-5 sedan.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the picture and sites. They will definately get me started in the right direction. Location, location, location. :sign0020:

Appreciate all your input.

Mitch:tu

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
There is no "Fisher Body Manual" for 55-57s like there is for 60s cars.

The links are from the shop manual. While online versions are nice for showing something on the forum, the photos and illustrations are much clearer in the print version. Same goes for the assembly manual. If you own a 55-57, and especially if you are restoring one, having a printed copy of these manuals is as essential as a 9/16" wrench.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Body by Fisher Service News 1955

The Fisher Body manual is called 1955 Chevrolet Body Information , and is Volume # 14-1, printed by GM in Detroit , Mi., on September 20 , 1954 . It has all the door information you'll ever need as well as cowl ventilation info , body wiring and detailed wiper info . This manual was purchased on E-bay about 4 years ago , and there's one on E-bay right now in Iowa for $12.00 . Be safe...Bob.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THeres so many books/CD`s out there its hard to keep up :)
I agree there....:sign0020: I have quite a few manuals and books but it's hard to know which ones are truly helpful.

Thanks for the heads up on the E-Bay manual. I'll check it out. :tu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts