Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for the door gap tech article on danchuks web site and on here but the link I found here didnt work anymore and I didnt see it anywhere on there web site can someone point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shrunken_Head that must of been the one I had seen before. I have tried everything I can thank of and finally decided my door is warped really bad but im not sure if it is from me putting a new bottom door shell on it or not. I had the door gap right around the quarter panel before I started but didnt have the fender on to make sure it was right up there to but here is some pictures of what I have. The top back of the door is about a 1/2 inch from the body and the front is touching as is the back bottom corner of the door but the front fender gap is perfect. Any ideas would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
MP&C I have tried twisting the door like you said but not with a lot of force because the top a piller is already hitting with the b piller like it is in the picture. The rocker gap is correct as is the door to cowl. Should I try twisting the the window frame some and then pull the lower corner out or do i just need to put some force on it at the top and bottom and see what I get there?

·
Registered
37,967 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if your window frame is the major deal here. As long as you spread out the force you should be able to twist it into shape without local damage.

It's not uncommon.

A long 2x4 or 2x6 will probably get the job done.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have tried putting placing a piece of wood several ways and pushing on the door also using a ratchet strap with a lots of force on it but no luck in bring the bottom corner out. the fender lines up perfect with the front of the door and i can tweek the window frame enough to be perfect but the lower corner from about a inch or two from the moulding holes down is still really far in. The only opition i can come up with is to cut the bottom repair piece back off from the back corner to the big access hole and bend it to where it needs to be then repair the patch piece. Anyone got any other suggestings?

1,544 Posts
I searched for the door gap tech article on danchuks web site and on here but the link I found here didnt work anymore and I didnt see it anywhere on there web site can someone point me in the right direction.
Kody:
Check your e-mail for an article on the subject, hope it helps.
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts