Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few things I've picked up over the years to do and not to do at car shows.

DO:
...let the older gentleman have the close spot next to the stage.
...keep an eye on your children.
...anchor your tent so it doesn't fall on someone's car.
...watch you zippers and buttons when looking inside cars.
...give the hat you won as a door prize to the kid if you're not going to wear it.

DON'T:
...let your children climb on the 'glass fenders of that '32 Ford
...litter. We all have to live on this planet.
...park 2 inches away from my car so I can't even walk down the driver's side.
...clean and polish your car the whole 6 hours of the show, you will rub the paint off!!!
...burn a patch of rubber on the way out, the police are waiting down the street.
...play the boom,boom music, no one want to hear it! We don't want to go deaf like you! (for the shows that allow newer cars)
...go inbetween the cars with your bike!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Good advice:D

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Oh and how both lists can go on... but that a good start. :tu :tu
10-4 on that... Don't be carrying your open :pepsi:eek:r:beer:while checking out other peoples cars especially their interiors... Later, Dave

·
Registered
541 Posts
And DON'T spray your tire dressing at the show for everyone else to clean off their cars....

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I asked a Lady, Politly, that was walking with her two kids, to please not let them touch the cars..she Yelled at me!!..
"They are only CARS!!!!"
Some people do not have a clue...even when asked nicely!! Had to tell her (again nicely) that to me its worth more than your Kid! She got mad and left..OH well!
The best part I like about shows is talking with the people and meeting new people. The Worst thing is people not respecting other peoples property. Also, Just because your car cost 100K to build and mine is only 20K, I value it as much as you value yours...and I should be treated the same as you because we both part the same entry fee!
OK Off my soap box..Cruise Nights , Car Shows, etc... We go to them to participate with others that have the same love of the hobby that we do and to share our passion with others.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
And DON'T spray your tire dressing at the show for everyone else to clean off their cars....
No kidding there! Be considerate and THINK before you act!

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Don't lift your foot up & rest it on my bumper. Don't lay a paper atop the fender then get pen out to write down car's information. Don't lean against the car with jeans that have rivets on the pockets, in fact don't even think about leaning on it. Dangling keys on belts drive me nuts too Or camera's with plastic or metal clasps on them scratch paint too. And NEVER EVER pose your child atop the car for a old time photo.

Breathe slowly & calmly....I feel much better now.
KINGS X 56

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I learned a lesson one time about where to park (or not). I went to a cruise in and wow there was this awesome spot right up front. Proudly I backed the old double nickel in to my new primo area. Trouble was, they were doing a big BBQ with one of those huge barrel units. The smoke drifted over my car and put a sheen of oil all over it. Naturally, I didn't notice this little problem until the mess was made. Guess that parking spot was not being used for a reason!
Car show rules?
Don't don't lean cry baby dolls on your car. They are not cute. Really.
Don't park not only too close, but crooked.
"Your" music probably sucks.
Leave your dog at home. Very few folks want to see fido.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
And don't tell the guy who rebuilt his ride the way he likes it what he did wrong.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
DO NOT: ... allow your kids to damage the paint on my car and "JUST" walk off. Such as you stand there and watch as they pick the edges of my flames off with their finger nails.

Yeah okay. My Wagon was painted in 1981. I still do my best to keep the paint as nice as I can. If I had an unlimited budget sure I'd paint all 6 of them. Until then, parents you ARE responsible for what your kids do. Though most parents don't believe this.

DO NOT:.... throw you unwanted, used cleaning supplies under my car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I love a show as much as the next guy but, PLEASE have a say in what your girlfriend/wife wears to the show, especially if she has NO business wearing it!!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts