Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi dont know if iam in the right place, i have a question about Doug's headers there is a set in the trifive classifieds for sale, Doug’s Headers P/N D353 1955-57 Chevy Car Small Block Headers Silver Ceramic Coated Headers does anyone have any pro or cons any infor would be helpful thanks rich:)
'

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Here is a link that might keep you reading for a few minutes:

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/165480/

Everything I have read about the D353's has been good. That is the ones I would like to have too. Mostly good comments about these, the hooker 2112's, and Earl Williams (probably the best, but most expensive). The Patriot 8050's look similar too and are cheaper, but a while back I read they were not as consistent, however they are considerably less expensive and I might try them one of these days.

Let us know what you get and how they fit....seems like they are always and issue.

·
Registered
37,969 Posts
I thought maybe someone that actually had some Doug's D353s might respond, and maybe they still will.

I've seen good reviews for them here and on Chevytalk, and they appear in photos to be the same header as the one Earle Williams sells, which I can promise you is a premium header in terms of fit and workmanship. Some say they are different, I don't think so, but if they are it doesn't matter, they're OK.

You will have to remove the frame brackets for the bellhousing mounts to use this header, as it tucks up into the frame.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for all your help, i'll keep you guys up to date on what i end up with ....:) right now i have my bumpers out right now getting replated ,feeling pretty good about that cant wait to put them back on.... thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts