Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone.

Just joined and about half way thru my 56 project. My first car back in 1964 was a 56 210 post with 100k miles on it. Now a few years later I have another. Bought this frame off build but I missed a few things, DOH! Shame on me. So did the builder! Remember, just cause it's a frame off don't mean the builder knew what he was doing. Since I screwed up, a project I have.

Just finished underneath. New Moser narrowed 9" Ford rear, springs and shocks, 500 steering box, CPP arms, 2" spindles, 1" drop front springs, 13" front brakes and 12" rears, sway bar, Budnik wheels, Vintage Air, and Raingear wipers. Brought the dash back to stock look.

Early next year I will install the motor I had built. A DART 383 block, AFR heads, custom ground Crower cam, etc. It is cammed as a highway cruiser with good torque and pretty smooth idle. About 440 hp and 480 torque. Car already had a 700r but will have to be beefed for the new motor. Can't wait for the change as the current motor is fairly new but way too much cam for me. Rough idle with waaaay too much overlap in the cam. Car needs a vac pump for the power brakes and I didn't want to hear it anymore.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Hey Doug, :sign0016: tobowtie-trifive Glad ya joined us. BTW nice lookin 56

68,758 Posts
:hello:hi doug and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. looks beautiful in that picture. :tu

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Welcome Aboard Doug! the members here are a wealth of information and experience with these beautiful cars..and yours is beautiful:)

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Hi & welcome Doug! Cool '56.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive Doug from another 56 owner:shakehands: Later, Dave

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Hello Doug
welcome aboard
Cool lookin 56 :tu
enjoy...:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive Glad to see another person with a cool 56 as they seem to be a year model neglected by some, including me (55 owner). :rolleyes: All TRI-5's are golden. :tu Brian :bowtieb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the welcome replies.

I just brought the car home from where we were working on it. Did the final ride height adjustment to the rear and took another pic. Couple things to attend to. Rear seems a little soft compared to the front so will get some heavy duty rear shocks with adjustable compression damping. Steering is not exactly what I expected so need to do a little research and drive a friends car that he just finished with the same steering box.

I added a few pics to the Garage area should someone like to see what's been going on underneath. The motor pic is the one going in next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.