Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed power rack/pinion on the wifes 55 and would like to replace the monster stock wheel.Someone is making a downsized stock wheel....I've seen it advertised on the Bob Ford List and thought I'd saved the info....must have been one of those senior moments that seem to be more frequent lately :rolleyes: Any info would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! The words "Driver Quality" and "Needs Rechromed" etc in the descriptions of these wheels makes me a little suspicious.....I think I'll wait a bit and hopefully see a few at some upcoming events before I shell out my hard earned $$.The wheel in there now is perfect.....I think I'll live with it for a bit.I'd sure love to hear some comments from customers who've bought them. Am curious as to how they look after painting etc. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wheel Quality ?

Yep they leave a lot be desired. I've seen several at differant shows & swap meets and the best i can tell some one most has brought over a whole boatload from china. The wheel itself is very poor quality, the chrome is lumpy & rough. I would have to say they should be worth at most $50 or so.
DONZIE

·
Registered
25 Posts
I down sized my 55 Nomad wheel myself. Not to hard to do, but time consuming. First, get a wheel with a rim the diameter and shape you like. You know, swap meet, junk yard, something like that. The one I used came from a VW Rabbit. Cut the old rim off of your existing wheel from the Chevy and from the donor wheel. Fit them back together and weld the support structure. I then used some wheel repair epoxy from Eastwood to fill in and reshape the transition from the spokes and the rim. Prime and paint. Good luck.
Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts