Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Drinking beer when it's hot outside

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  auggie56 
#1 ·
Ok, I quit drinking alcohol of any sort 14 years ago. But, when I did drink, I could never drink beer on a hot day, made me even thirstier. What say you, beer drinkers?

#18 ·
My Dad always said this too, I never could figure how it worked:confused0006:

As for a cold beer, anytime, any temp.is good with me :anim_32:
Drinking a hot beverage when you are hot actually turns on your bodys "A/C" because your body temp is being raised even more and your body attempts to cool down...at least that is what a lot of people say

#20 ·
Drinking a hot beverage when you are hot actually turns on your bodys "A/C" because your body temp is being raised even more and your body attempts to cool down...at least that is what a lot of people say
It works,,for some folks, but ya gotta gulp it down to switch on the body A/C.

Drives the welfare/less fortunate folks crazy, when I wheel up next to them at the stoplight in the new Peterbuilt, swigging coffee when it is 108° out,,lol. the A/C is on and throwing ice crystals at me. snug as a bug.:)

#5 ·
Can't drink beer after beer in the direct heat, have to wait till sundown.

One of the worst ways to parch yourself. alcohol absorbs moisture, coupled with sweating hard, makes for a severly dehydrated person, no matter how many you throw down.

I don't drink beer after beer, just one or two now and again.

Lost my best friend in HS to a drunk driver.

#6 ·
I prefer to go to an airconditioned bar!! If it's really hot out, throw them down fast, before they turn to pi$$ in the can. :happy0030: OR, get pony bottles! If I'm workin' I'm not drinkin', because if I'm drinkin' I'm not working!
Geez, I could go for a cold one right now - but I gotta mow the yard. . . maybe in a couple hours!!

#14 ·
I drink water all day long especially when it is hot outside and if I'm working outside I never drink a beer until the work is done, tools or what not picked up and everything squared away...then it's time to find a shady spot and pop a cold one...and I do like beer:) Yet for quenching a thirst nothing beats H2O in my experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.