Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Test drive yesterday was great! Next is tidy up under the hood, new brakes all around in two weeks, finish interior this coming winter,

Attachments

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
The ´57 looks great! the engine is clean as heck...enjoy the ride :congrats:

·
Registered
67,729 Posts
good looking 57 john, have fun with it. :tu

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brakes

Doing disc brakes today & rally wheels. Have pics when I'm done. Finished with new steering wheel (59 Impala) plus original horns. Still have electric wiper and guage panel to do. Plus fan shroud. Always more chrome to ad. Getting ready for winter, egh! Still have extra parts to ship. Busy day ahead.

John

7,082 Posts
Beautiful car. Love the color. Looks super slick. :congrats: :bowtier: I would make sure to retain all original pieces just in case for later. Just make it yours.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Disc brakes & new wheels

Disc brakes are done. New wheels are on. Took two days. Getting allignment done tomorrow so I can play around this weekend. I'll post pics over the weekend. I'm getting there.

John

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Great looking 57 John. I love you choice of valve covers. I bought a set of M/t's for the big block in my Nomad and went with chromed aluminum ones for ease of maintenance. Nothing says hot rod like a set of M/T valve covers IMO.:tu:tu:tu:tu

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Finished brakes & rally wheels

Added disc brakes and rally wheels. The only problem encountered was the fitting of the bracket for the pads. A little grinding was required to get the bracket to nest correctly. So now I have SSBC disc front, Muscle Car Brakes rear.
When finished the allignment was way out (like a snow plow). Had it alligned Friday, drove it 50 miles yesterday. What a pleasure to drive now.
It kind of goes to your head the way people wave.
So now that I have it running the way I want. It's on to all the cosmetic stuff under the hood and inside. Plus electic wipers, new gauge panel, move tach onto steering column, new window regulator drivers rear. Always have more to do.
Have a hula girl in the rear window, my wife wants Elvis. Hard decision to make. I've always liked hula girls.
This winter is the interior. For now putting up the new garage. Have to have a nice home for my baby.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Forgot the big picture

Thought you guys might like to see the way she sets now.

John

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts