Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing 350 with muncie 4 speed with stock mounting locations do I have to cut shaft or just change yoke Its a 56 210 with 6cyl.

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
parts

tom the 4 speed and 350 auto are the same length . i have a 350 auto did the same swap and fit good. the drive shaft i used was from a 6 the yoke is not the same you will have to change. once you get the yoke and if it is from a 350 or muncie the u joint is not the same and you will have to buy what they call a transition u joint i don't remember the part # but got at the local napa dealer
hope this helps
dean

·
Premium Member
16,185 Posts
installing 350 with muncie 4 speed with stock mounting locations do I have to cut shaft or just change yoke Its a 56 210 with 6cyl.
Tom, The 350 engine and Muncie trans will go in the stock location and you will not need to cut the shaft. You will need to swap the yoke to fit the new trans. There are two styles, one with internal snap rings and one with external snap rings. You will need the external style to match your shaft. You can use the internal style but will need a conversion joint to mate it to your shaft. You will also need to get a correct V-8 bell housing since the 6 cyl housing will not fit the V-8. Let me know if you have any other questions. :anim_25:

-Bruce

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
You can buy a yoke 1310 Series for a th 350 or as stated a combination ujoint I think the number is 5-3022x, However not all parts stores have them. I got the deer in the headlight look at napa. I think the slip no. might be dana 2-3-6081x, check messurements, my memory is like a very short...... what ever.bowtie-trifive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts