Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does driving your Tri-Five do for you, make you feel, or remember when you get behind the wheel?

Serious question....

·
Registered
66,282 Posts
puts a smile on my face, good times back then.

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Mine is the first trifive I've ever owned and I worked on it for years before I could drive it out of the yard.
1- The feeling of victory when I finally got to get out and legally drive the car and seeing it be smooth and reliable with very few bugs to work out.
2-It brought back the feeling I had when I had when I was a teenager. That feeling of being excited to hit the road and thinking up new excuses to go somewhere so you can drive your car.
3- There's a sense of pride or accomplishment in being out there in something you built yourself darn near from scratch. Most of the population will never know that feeling.
I could name others but I want to keep it brief.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
My family.

The American workers who helped build this design that came out of someone’s drafting table imagination.

A capsule of that time in American history in which life wasn’t easy nor perfect, but simple and dreaming of a better country.

Blessed to own such a beautiful car. Truly a nostalgic jewel in so many ways.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Thank you for the vid.
The sensation of seeing those hood rockets eat up the road is a part of cruising in a trifive that doesn't happen in any other vehicle. Enjoyed it much.
Jim

·
Registered
496 Posts
Anxiety. Driving around an original collector car with irreplaceable parts in a sea of irresponsible drivers on their phones. It's a lot more fun at cars and coffee when it just sits there and I can control its environment to a better extent.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anxiety. Driving around an original collector car with irreplaceable parts in a sea of irresponsible drivers on their phones. It's a lot more fun at cars and coffee when it just sits there and I can control its environment to a better extent.
Understandable....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts