Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 57 210, 2 dr, I am installing a 454 with dual eldebrock 600 carbs.

Can I get buy with using the mechanical fuel pump or will I need electric,

This car is just going to be a street driver.

Here is a picture of the carb I hope to get for it

Any advice appreciated.

Otis

·
Registered
198 Posts
dual 600's

believe it or not i ran dual 600's on my 327 and it worked fine with a holley mechanical pump. one night i got on it really good, the engine torqued to the right , the fuel pump hit the frame broke in half and i still made it home lol. i fixed that problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
dual quads on factory 283

Hey Dave, been a while since you've been on here, but thought i'd ask you about your carbs...i have a 57 with the factory 283 but it has just a 2 barrel...this winter i wanna spruce it up some and put dual quads on it, headers, comp cam, new crank and pistons..the usual :D but i wanna know if i can get small enough carbs from edelbrock, otherwise the new quad carb&manifold kit comes with 500s...otherwise it'll run [email protected] low RPM

thanks for looking, otherwise anyone else out there can speak up too.thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
"should" do fine

Isn't the mechanical pump you have an aftermarket high volume pump???? It "should" do fine with the set of carbs considering it will not be raced and your engine isn't radically built with a huge camshaft and a high flowing set of heads!! Dual carbs are coooool!!! I have a tunnel ram with to holley 4-barrels to fit the small block in my 53' chevy Belair.

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,382 Posts
I've got a 454 with an early Weiand dual quad and 2 Competition 500s. The mechanical was working out fine -for 15 years or so. When I went to a fuel cell I switched to electric, but it was not because the car was hurting for fuel. Think your setup will work out fine. BTW anyone, when I get to removing it, I'll be selling that dual quad setup, and the odd dual brass air cleaner tops...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts