Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running QA1 coilovers all the way around with a 4 link in the back. In other cars in the past, using dual adjustable coilovers made a pretty big difference in ride quality (once adjusted properly).

Are any of you running dual adjustable shocks with your coilovers, and if so, what brand did you go with? How's the ride? Have you used other brands?

Thanks!
-bg8

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
QA1 usually. However, I have been wondering about Ride Tech's units.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick, are you saying you've set up some cars with QA1 dual adjustable coilovers? How was the ride?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Busy...I have the Vikings on mine. They are dual adjustable and cheaper than QA1's. I think the company was founded by guys who used to work at QA1...all built in Minnesota.

I have them on my '56 which previously had non-adjustable Carrera's up front and KYB's out back. Huge difference there, but I can't really comment on the difference between single and dual adjustable units as I went up to these from non-adjustable units.

The Viking dual adjustables are more expensive than single QA-1's, but cheaper than dual QA1's.

I like them thus far, but I've only had 'em since July.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Nick, are you saying you've set up some cars with QA1 dual adjustable coilovers? How was the ride?
Setup is tedious if you have sensitivity to the suspension but ride is very firm and predictable and the handling is superb. I liked it but it was a canyon carver and meant to go fast in tight curves so it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Great for moonshiners too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts