Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I added anything so here is my run down. My chassis is 90% complete just have to fabricate new cross flow radiator on support with shroud and some minor touch ups. Body work is not in my bag of tricks so I farmed that out. From reading on here & talking to Porchdog, I decided to use SPI epoxy & bed liner for the under carriage. I picked up a set of A-pillars from Roger Marcum and they were welded in & fit beautifully. Some minor floor patches in rear wheel area, trunk patches from shock & tail pan areas and rear passenger quarter which Bruce helped talk us through. Main body is ready for paint but still have to work on fenders, inner fenders, hood, trunk lid, rad support and splash pans. Thanks to everyone I have talked with & forgot to mention as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bob and I will.

I was down your way once for work (~ 8 years ago) and got to go to the Riverwalk for dinner with 2 of my colleagues. I was thinking of staying till I had to leave but after we got our second drink, I was volunteered to drive back to the hotel at the airport. as not a happy camper. The other 2 have been there multiple times.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
It is coming along fine. Mike

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Greg & Mike. As for Trifive nationals? Bowling Green in 2015 sounds nice? Not sure. She will be a driver not a trailer queen so I'll have to make sure all of the bugs are out. At least most of them. :sign0020:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Looking really good sounds like your well on your way to having it done by spring. Keep the updates coming hope to see you at the Nationals. Ron
But for now sit back and enjoy

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys It just seems it is taking forever!

55 Carman I will have to get me a bottle or 2 of that bourbon. Do you know how it tastes?

I have a bottle & sign from Duke beer from the Pittsburg area. Their catch phrase is "Even sounds like a man's beer" didn't taste that good :sign0020:

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Boy Duke, that's what I call tak'n her down to the Metal..:congrats: That's going to be one sweet 57 when you get'r done :tu

Keep those updates and pictures com'n :tu

BDR...:shakehands:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Jonathan & BDR.

BDR, yeah I kinda made a mistake and tore the whole car down to bar metal took the body off the frame and started to scratch....I mean started from scratch. :sign0020: It has taken 5 years to get to this point but I am starting to see light at the end of a very long tunnel. That is why I always suggest to others just do small winter projects & get her back on the road. I learned from my mistake and try to have others avoid it. Thanks for the encouraging words

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pics of before & after body work trouble areas

Attachments

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Couple of trunk holes that needed to be cut due to PO's loading trunk up without shock bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Duke really looking good, nice work on the windshild pillar and quarter those are tuff areas to work on. It's going to be soooooo nice.

Never develop a taste for whiskey but thought it was fitting for all your hard work. Ron

1 - 20 of 155 Posts