Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting close to paint, and have fell in love with Dupont's Hot Rodsbury and Champain fiz colors. The paint is 3 stage, and I'm wondering if this creates problems down the road if touch up is needed.
Thanks
Brad

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
It can be difficult to match. When you paint it, keep a log of how many coats of each of the first two stages you put on. I'm anal, but I note the humidity, temp and viscosity of the stages as well. Even then you will likely have to blend the adjacent panels. One more thing thats very importanat, buy 50% more paint than you need and intermix it all so the exact mix will be there when you need it. Chances are you will never need it.

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Belated welcome Brad..... :D Mike thinks he's being anal but he is telling it like it is . At one time we would have 3 and 4 Candy jobs in the shop at one time and I would have to wonder which one of these are coming back for the dreaded repair. :eek: Well it finally happened and it was a flame job to boot. well the flames some what saved me but it was still a horror show and I walked on pins and needles till we pulled it from the booth to see the end result was not bad at all .

Feeling a bit more confident I repaired a 60 Corvette that had a gas cap door stolen and had to match candy brick red that I had painted a few years before. AAARRG it was a disaster I had to paint the whole side of the and blend in the small area's . to this day it should have been a do over. :cool:
There is a technigue called German back blending it works as the opposite as we would normally blend , but it works well.
But hey you wont have to worry about that you will paint it drive it enjoy it and never have to do it again . :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that doesn't scare me away from using it but I think I will look a little more. There is just so many colors it gets confusing! I'm doing this myself with a freind who is a proff. body man. We are renting a paint booth, last time I shot in my garage and I still have a sea foam green floor!

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
TooBadBrad said:
Thanks, that doesn't scare me away from using it but I think I will look a little more. There is just so many colors it gets confusing! I'm doing this myself with a freind who is a proff. body man. We are renting a paint booth, last time I shot in my garage and I still have a sea foam green floor!

My last garage has lots of spray pattern spots on the walls to this day :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts