Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'll be painting my car myself and it's my first time so I am researching everything. I've been watching every car show on television and that includes Overhaulin'. I have an odd question. One thing I have noticed on several episodes is that the appear to install Dynamat before it goes to paint. Why? Wouldn't you want to at least prime it before applying Dynamat? Am I seeing it wrong?

Aaron

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
You`ll probably find that they are just painting the exterior, the interior was already done then the dynamat fitted.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'll be painting my car myself and it's my first time so I am researching everything. I've been watching every car show on television and that includes Overhaulin'. I have an odd question. One thing I have noticed on several episodes is that the appear to install Dynamat before it goes to paint. Why? Wouldn't you want to at least prime it before applying Dynamat? Am I seeing it wrong?Aaron
I wouldn't put much stock in what you see on TV.
I follow porchdog's advice about this.

Epoxy first. Always.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
A word of advise, don't buy the pre-cut Dynamat, it's a waste of money because it does not cover everything. Buy the sheets and cut it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts