Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting two boxes of Dynamat Extreme on the inner firewall and floor of my 2dr sedan. I need to buy more for the trunk, roof and door panels. I really like the Dynamat except for the cost.

Before I buy Fatmat, I want to make sure it's equivalent or better than Dynamat and that it will stay adhered to the roof after the headliner is installed.

Does summer heat loosen either product? If so, what can be done to insure that it doesn't come loose.

I've read the posts and they make me believe that there has not been anyone really dissatisfied with the Fatman product.

I just need some encouragement to change from Dynamat to Fatman.

Thanks for your response.

·
Administrator
49,951 Posts
I have been very happy with my fatmat. If the roof is perfectly clean then go ahead. I used the foil backed jute insulation on the roof, i`m more worried about the heat up there than i was sound deadening there.
Terry

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I use Fatmat.. Bought it on E-bag...CHEAP!!
As for the roof, I'm using Lo-E insulation. It weighs 2# for a 4x10' piece. [Even if I do have a adhesion problem, it won't be so heavy that the headliner comes down.]
Goes on w/ 3M Super adhesive.
Got it from www.lobucrod.com. Cost is $40.00 shipped via Priority mail.
Also available in bigger rolls.

I "suspect" this material is the same stuff used under metal roofing panels. Had a guy refer to it as Lo-e, at the roofing shop I was at. Could be a big sheet is less $$ from the roofing guy. I was not back by there, so I ordered what I thot would be the correct stuff. [The seller is a hot rodder.]

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
There's another product out there called Raamat, supposed to be equally effective to Dynamat and Fatmat, you may want to check its pricing too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts