Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellows,
Got all the parts in to fix the emergency brake and go to do it and someone cut away the frame support where the the floor brackets mount to.
Any ideas where I could get this section or how I could solve the problem?
Its gone about where I have the lines drawn on the photo below.
Thanks, John

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,371 Posts
John....Sounds like you need to find someone that is parting out or has a parts car to get that piece.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
David do you know if it's the same on all three year models?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,371 Posts
The floor brace that the E-brake parts attach to is reproduced and is the same on all years and models except 4 dr. HT, according to Danchuk.
Good find Don :):tu Got to wonder why someone would cut that out, when its a main floor support brace.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to find just the center part maybe 2 or 3 inches past the floor bracket holes that I could have my son-in-law weld in that anyone might have to sell me. I imagine it would be a dog to replace the whole thing.
John

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,423 Posts
Check the classifieds, I think there has been several cars being parted out lately, even a Nomad. It shouldn't be hard to cut that brace out from the top through the floor.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Parts car frame

John, I have a 55 4 dr frame out back that might have what you need. If so just pay the shipping and I'l be glad to get it to you. Tell me exactly what you are looking for. Gary C

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Parts Gary may have

John, I have a 55 4 dr frame out back that might have what you need. If so just pay the shipping and I'l be glad to get it to you. Tell me exactly what you are looking for. Gary C
Hi Gary, I'd be more than happy to pay you for the frame support plus any shipping costs. I can either take the whole brace or I can work with just the center portion if you cut it say two or three inches beyond the bracket holes for the E-brake support brackets. Just let me know the cost and where to send the money or paypal.
Heres the photo
John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts