Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of doing my frame modifications on my 57 and was wondering if you guys use the factory cable and brackets to connect to the aftermarket disc brake set up??
Just seeing if I need to cut off brackets near leaf spring mounts??
As always any and all help is appreciated,
BobH

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think it really depends on what kit you get and what rear calipers it comes with. I got a rear kit from CPP and bought their cables to connect from the stock e-brake cable(the one that goes from the handle to mid vehicle) to the calipers and it worked out great. The CPP cables used the stock brackets just like the original cables did.

·
Registered
36,125 Posts
I agree with both of the above.

The Lokar cables can solve a lot of potential problems because they are sheathed and don't require line of sight routing like the stock cables do.

This is just as dependent on the configuration of the exhaust system as it is on what calipers or drum you are using.

If you can use line of sight, then fine, but the Lokar cables can help if not.

I have the Lokar foot brake on mine and will use the Lokar cables with the Versailles rear discs I have (they are similar to the Caddy/TransAm calipers that are used on a lot of conversions). I also have an X pipe and 3" pipes to long mufflers which puts them in the way of stock cables and linkage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts