Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody put one of these under their stock-spring trifive?
Any issues or tips to know about? If you have pictures, please post.

Thanks.

Update: ***i just did a search on "Bronco" and found a good bit of info. It seems to be a great swap into a stock car****

·
Registered
229 Posts
No tips I must admit. Putting this rear in one of your cars?

Thanks.

Update: ***i just did a search on "Bronco" and found a good bit of info. It seems to be a great swap into a stock car****

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No tips I must admit. Putting this rear in one of your cars?
Maybe.... If I can get our good friend in Forney to sell it to me. :)

Just got my chassis back from powder coating and I'm gonna start slamming it together as soon as it gets below 90 degrees.....

·
Registered
229 Posts

Just got my chassis back from powder coating and I'm gonna start slamming it together as soon as it gets below 90 degrees.....
Cool. Will follow this tread. Ran across one of the rears myself recently. Did not buy it but might depending on what you find out.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Thanks.

I have a 58" 9" out of an old Bronco. Been running it since I built the car in 1990. Only slight caution is the probable 28 spline axles vs much stronger 31 spline. One huge advantage to this combo is the fact it's 2" or so narrower than a stocker, giving more room for a deep-dish wheel. I'm running a 3 1/2" back spacing on a 15X8 wheel wrapped with 255/60/15's.. it's a really tight fit, but the springs are in their stock location, and I have no tubs...

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike,
That looks great. Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, What style housing ends does your Bronco rear end have?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have a 58" 9" out of an old Bronco. Been running it since I built the car in 1990. Only slight caution is the probable 28 spline axles vs much stronger 31 spline. One huge advantage to this combo is the fact it's 2" or so narrower than a stocker, giving more room for a deep-dish wheel. I'm running a 3 1/2" back spacing on a 15X8 wheel wrapped with 255/60/15's.. it's a really tight fit, but the springs are in their stock location, and I have no tubs...

mike what year of bronco rear end will i be looking for to fit
in my 55 are they possi

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
mike what year of bronco rear end will i be looking for to fit
in my 55 are they possi
Yes is was a limited slip. Then a few years ago I changed the entire center-3rd member with a complete unit from Speedway Motors, again limited slip (I also changed from 3.70 to 3.50 ratio). I got the complete rear assembly from a friend, so, I don't know for sure which Bronco it came out of, but, I believe the early "small" Bronco's are all the same. Another option is a 58 or so T-Bird, wagon etc... they are all narrower than the stock trifive.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts

I'll swap it for the 69!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure what you mean by housing ends. (?)
No problem. Looks like most of them have early style big bearing housing ends.

I'll swap it for the 69!
Haha!

We're still negotiating so I don't have it yet and don't have room for it, either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts