Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny that I retired from California, where I'd had my share of earthquakes over the years.

So I move to Oklahoma where I just worry about tornadoes.

10 minutes ago I'm posting on TriFive and...

WAH LAH, whoopie

An earthquake

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
What???

NO

Actually waiting for the Santa Ana winds, brushfires and flooding, tho we seem to have a touch of that here once in awhile.:eek:
Geez - You missed 113 Degrees in Los Angeles last week! Highest EVER! We'll get you caught up later in the year when mother nature realizes that we didn't have a real summer - you can watch the TV as she tries to burn us up! Oh, and let's not forget - we're all waiting for "The Big One" - the San Andreas Fault is long overdue for an 8.7 Earthquake! I too thought you'd be ok in Oklahoma - go figure! :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:cool0013:
Geez - You missed 113 Degrees in Los Angeles last week! Highest EVER! We'll get you caught up later in the year when mother nature realizes that we didn't have a real summer - you can watch the TV as she tries to burn us up! Oh, and let's not forget - we're all waiting for "The Big One" - the San Andreas Fault is long overdue for an 8.7 Earthquake! I too thought you'd be ok in Oklahoma - go figure! :)
Yea, but it's dry heat, yuk yuk. Still have a bro & sis in LA, so they make sure I'm informed. I was waiting for the big one for 40 something years, including Sylmar and Northridge. Even when I was a kid in the Mojave desert we thought we'd have beachfront property, so geez-it is what is is.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Oh, and let's not forget - we're all waiting for "The Big One" - the San Andreas Fault is long overdue for an 8.7 Earthquake! I too thought you'd be ok in Oklahoma - go figure! :)
If that one ever hits the beach front property won't be Arizona. It'll be Texas. The U.S will have several less states.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
If that one ever hits the beach front property won't be Arizona. It'll be Texas. The U.S will have several less states.
Yeah - I kind of agree - Life's too short to worry to much about it - should I drop my Earthquake Insurance? lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm pushing 62. I've been waiting for the "Big One" ever since i was a little kid.

Keep the insurance. You can never have to much insurance.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm pushing 62. I've been waiting for the "Big One" ever since i was a little kid.

Keep the insurance. You can never have to much insurance.
I hear ya Larry, but I kinda think it's gonna happen one of these days, course it could be 200 years from now. Anyway, I'd be feeling safe in Fresno

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
Funny that I retired from California, where I'd had my share of earthquakes over the years.

So I move to Oklahoma where I just worry about tornadoes.

10 minutes ago I'm posting on TriFive and...

WAH LAH, whoopie

An earthquake
You sure it wasn't UPS delivering a big package to you?:biggrin:

Randy

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
MP,

I'm with you. I also retired from California, and now live in the Ozarks of Arkansas. We've had several small earthquakes over the past several days. What gives?

Ray

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MP,

I'm with you. I also retired from California, and now live in the Ozarks of Arkansas. We've had several small earthquakes over the past several days. What gives?

Ray
Hey Ray.
Just saw you in Pomona...
Now we knew when we moved here that the MADRID fault was nearby. Love the Ozarks, go to Branson, MO quite often and sometimes travel back thru south.
Mike

1 - 20 of 32 Posts